Integrated outsourcing transforms and increases R&D productivity
Pharmaceutical companies are actively exploring new sourcing strategies to address the continuing decline in R&D productivity. Fragmented outsourcing has not sufficiently solved the problem, so leaders are moving toward an integrated sourcing model that blends control of the development pipeline with the economies of scalable outsourcing. While many pharmaceutical companies recognize the potential value of this approach, few are prepared to fully exploit it. Accenture has identified four criteria to help pharmaceutical companies successfully increase R&D productivity through integrated outsourcing. Making the necessary changes will not be easy, and individual companies will have to determine the appropriate roadmap they each need to use.Â Â
Unless specified by prior arrangement, the author agrees to the following terms and assurances:
- For myself and on behalf of the other authors listed on this work, I assign to thinkBiotech LLC the copyright* in the contribution for the full term throughout the world.
- I/we further give to the following assurances
- I am the sole author of the contribution, or, if not, I have the written authority of the other authors to transfer the copyright* to thinkBiotech LLC and give these warranties;
- I and (where appropriate) the other authors are entitled to transfer the copyright to thinkBiotech LLC and no one else would be entitled to prevent us from publishing the contribution;
- To the best of my/our knowledge, all the facts in the contribution are true and accurate;
- The content of the contribution is entirely original to me (and where appropriate to the other authors) or, if not, the written permission of the owner of the copyright in any material copied from elsewhere has been obtained for all media (all such permissions to be attached to the contribution as supplementary files);
- Nothing in the contribution is obscene or libellous;
- Nothing in the contribution infringes any duty of confidentiality which I/or the other authors may owe to anyone else.
- I and/or the other authors have obtained the appropriate clearances from my/our employer(s) or other concerned institution(s).