Venture investment assessment of the biotechnology industry
Abstract: The biotechnology industry has been the leading industry among various high-tech industries since the mid- and late stage of 20th century and has applied in many fields. Venture investment originates from the same stage. This study evaluated the value of venture investment programs through qualitatively analyzing the venture investment of the biotechnology industry. According to the characteristics of biotechnology industry, a biotechnology industry venture investment assessment indicator system was established firstly. Then a cluster-radial basis function (RBF) neural network comprehensive evaluation model was established. The comprehensive evaluation value of the biotechnology industry venture investment programs was obtained through analyzing the relational expression with regard to biotechnology industry production value and venture investment. The above models and relational expression were verified. The fitting coefficient of the model empirical results suggested that reached 0.912, and the error in the comprehensive evaluation model test was 0.052. The dynamic simulation result ranking was highly identical with the practical operation results. The empirical results of the relational expression suggested every 1% of increase in the logarithmic value of biotechnology industry venture investment could result in 0.727% of increase in the industry program production value. Therefore, the models and relational expression obtained were verified with practical operability and certain accuracy. Venture investment can effectively promote the development of the biotechnology industry and produce positive impact on the development of venture investment in the biotechnology industry in China.
Unless specified by prior arrangement, the author agrees to the following terms and assurances:
- For myself and on behalf of the other authors listed on this work, I assign to thinkBiotech LLC the copyright* in the contribution for the full term throughout the world.
- I/we further give to the following assurances
- I am the sole author of the contribution, or, if not, I have the written authority of the other authors to transfer the copyright* to thinkBiotech LLC and give these warranties;
- I and (where appropriate) the other authors are entitled to transfer the copyright to thinkBiotech LLC and no one else would be entitled to prevent us from publishing the contribution;
- To the best of my/our knowledge, all the facts in the contribution are true and accurate;
- The content of the contribution is entirely original to me (and where appropriate to the other authors) or, if not, the written permission of the owner of the copyright in any material copied from elsewhere has been obtained for all media (all such permissions to be attached to the contribution as supplementary files);
- Nothing in the contribution is obscene or libellous;
- Nothing in the contribution infringes any duty of confidentiality which I/or the other authors may owe to anyone else.
- I and/or the other authors have obtained the appropriate clearances from my/our employer(s) or other concerned institution(s).