AbstractThe advantages of genetically modified food are gradually highlighted because of the rapid development of modern transgenic technology. The trade proportion of genetically modified food in international trade products is increasing. Till now, legal regulations concerning the international trade of genetically modified food are still contradictory and conflicting, and a series of initiated legal issues about the international trade of genetically modified food becomes more acute. As a great power of transgenic crops planting, China should fully learn from the trade disputes of genetically modified food, perfect laws such as the safety management, approval and identification of import and export, accelerate the development of transgenic technology, and strengthen the mutual benefit and collaboration of the developing countries, thus to gain a strong competitive position in international trade and maintain the fundamental interests of China better.
Unless specified by prior arrangement, the author agrees to the following terms and assurances:
- For myself and on behalf of the other authors listed on this work, I assign to thinkBiotech LLC the copyright* in the contribution for the full term throughout the world.
- I/we further give to the following assurances
- I am the sole author of the contribution, or, if not, I have the written authority of the other authors to transfer the copyright* to thinkBiotech LLC and give these warranties;
- I and (where appropriate) the other authors are entitled to transfer the copyright to thinkBiotech LLC and no one else would be entitled to prevent us from publishing the contribution;
- To the best of my/our knowledge, all the facts in the contribution are true and accurate;
- The content of the contribution is entirely original to me (and where appropriate to the other authors) or, if not, the written permission of the owner of the copyright in any material copied from elsewhere has been obtained for all media (all such permissions to be attached to the contribution as supplementary files);
- Nothing in the contribution is obscene or libellous;
- Nothing in the contribution infringes any duty of confidentiality which I/or the other authors may owe to anyone else.
- I and/or the other authors have obtained the appropriate clearances from my/our employer(s) or other concerned institution(s).